What ID and Secret to use for access token to create a user?

I have created a database connection and connected to an application.

When I try to crate a user in the database I get an error “Connection is disabled”

curl -s -X POST https://turbonomic.auth0.com/api/v2/users \
>     -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
>     --header "authorization: Bearer ${token}" \
>     -d @- <<EOF
> {
>   "email": "mark@marklaff.com",
>   "password": "Chang3-m3",
>   "connection": "tech-support-users"
> }
> EOF
{"statusCode":400,"error":"Bad Request","message":"connection is disabled (client_id: iZQEzztXWLBOo70gE7zjRdJE4D3BTuGN - connection: tech-support-users)","errorCode":"auth0_idp_error"}

Here is my application:

And the connection:

My guess is that I need to (1) fetch an access token using the ID and SECRET for this application, and (2) give this application permission to access the Management API.

To create the application and database I was using the ID and SECRET from the “Auth0 Management API (Test Application)” - which I guess doesn’t have access to this database.

Is that the right track?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi @mark.laff,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community Forum!

It looks like whatever client is iZQEzztXWLBOo70gE7zjRdJE4D3BTuGN is not getting access to the database. You can request an access token from your application that has the management api as an audience, then you can make requests from there. It is going to depend how (from where) you want to make the call.

It sounds like you are on the right track.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.