Is ManagementClient able to authenticate users to generate one time access tokens?

Hi,

I’m working in the following scenario:

The application is able to create new users using the Management API.

a) when the user is created we know the user password so we can ask for a token and id_token, this pair is associated with a UUID that we will keep in our database (24h or until the user reads the value). We use this UUID in a link that we will send the user, so the SPA will read the token from the database using this one time use UIDD

b) if we try to create a new user and the user already exists in the auth0 database we still need to send that one-time login email, but this time we don’t know what is the user password so we are not able to get token and id_token for that user

summary: can we get access_token and id_token from Management API or other available services in Auth0 without knowing the user password

Thanks

Hey there @woorea, sorry for the delay in response. I wanted to follow up and let you know that you are unable to get an access_token and id_token from the Management API or other services without knowing the user password. Please let me know if you have any additional questions on this front, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.