Welcome email sent twice

We configured the welcome email template and expected it to be only sent once after the email is confirmed per the description.

This email will be sent once the user verifies their email address. If the Verification Email is turned off, it will be sent when the user signs up or logs in for the first time.

But in reality, users would receive one before they confirm the email and receive another one after they confirm the email. Please help!

Hi @swifteam,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have experienced the Welcome Email being sent twice.

After inspecting your tenant, I noticed that your Verification Email template script was repurposed as a Welcome Email.

Given that, I recommend reviewing your Verification Email template to render to correct text in the email template.

Once that is done, you should get one verification email and one welcome email whenever a new user signs up.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks,
Rueben

@rueben.tiow

No, our verification email is just a default template that we used to verify emails. We didn’t repurpose it to the Welcome email. After a user signs up, they will receive

1. Email verification email
  2. Welcome Email.

After the email is verified, they will receive another welcome email same as the welcome email above.

Hi @swifteam,

Thank you for your reply, and thank you for that helpful information!

To investigate this further, I tested the sign-up flow on your application.

In my tests, after signing up, I received a verification email with the email subject named “Welcome to Swiftteam!”. The body of the message included a link to click to confirm my identity.

After verifying my email address, I received a second email with the email subject also named “Welcome to Swiftteam!”. In the body of the email, there were instructions on the quick start guide and getting set up.

From my tests, I got a total of 2 emails, one verification email and one welcome email, with both emails having the same subject name.

Could you please confirm if this is the behavior you see as well?

Thank you,

Rueben

Rueben,

Okay sounds good. Thanks for testing! We will report back if we still see the issue.

Thanks!
Angelo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.