Verification emails only work once; generates error on second use

Is there any timeline for the fix yet @lihua.zhang ?

We are still waiting for the ETA. I will keep you updated once it’s available.
Appreciate your continued patience.

1 Like

Hey Lihua, I appreciate that you’re waiting on an ETA, but am wondering if you have any indication as to whether we’re talking days, weeks, or months for a fix?

We might need to look at workarounds if it’s going to be months…

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I agree with Ian. I was expecting this as a quick hotfix, but it doesn’t seem to be the priority that it is to everyone on this thread and other customers impacted without even knowing.

1 Like

@lihua.zhang Any update on this one? This is a big issue for those having users sign up, and given this is now 3 months old, it seems Auth0 doesn’t consider this to be a serious problem like your clients do.

@chris.bohn , the ETA is not available for this backlog item yet. I followed up with our engineering team again and will let you know. Appreciate your continued patience.

@chris.bohn ,

Our engineering team has been occupied with other high priority issues. The ETA for this issue is not available yet. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you updated once the information is available.

Hello, any updates about this?
Still getting an error “Your email address could not be verified.” instead of “This account is already verified.”

1 Like

+1 for this issue.

Any ETA on this?

Worked fine for a long time and we’re receiving a lot of support requests related to this bug.
Things not working as mentioned in the documentation is quite a serious issue.
Please try to get a fix for this asap.

The ticket has been open for almost a year so I’m hoping that there is some workaround for this. If there is, please let us know.

@ranjith.dhanaraj Agree this is serious problem that they are ignoring. We are currently working around the issue by taking all 3 of the below responses and assuming they mean the email has been verified, but that comes with some risks/assumptions on the last one especially, which is what we get now if the verification link was already used.

• Your email was verified. You can continue using the application. (with success=true)
  • This account is already verified. (with success=false)
  • This URL can be used only once (with success=false)
2 Likes