Using terraform to deploy Auth0 tenancy configuration

We have been deploying our Auth0 configurations (dev/test/prod env) using terraform (using Auth0 terraform provider GitHub - auth0/terraform-provider-auth0: The Auth0 Terraform Provider is the official plugin for managing Auth0 tenant configuration through the Terraform tool.).
Thought there is no way to work back from the Auth0 tenancy to find out which version (git branch/tag Or git commit version) it relates to. I was thinking of stamping this information in the auth0_tenant resource field friendly_name in the absence of tags etc. I was thinking what the community is doing for this purpose

@jatin.vaidya

Hi @ashish.jamthe

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Thank you for posting your question. As I will leave this topic for the rest of the community to speak on, I think using the Friendly Name setting to implement the version tag in the tenant configuration file is a very creative idea.

I will also encourage you to create a post in the Feedback category, as it seems like a low-hanging fruit that the community can benefit from.

Thanks
Dawid

To track Auth0 configuration versions, communities often use resource fields like friendly_name for version stamping. Others leverage Terraform’s outputs and variables or integrate CI/CD metadata for maintaining consistency. Some also use custom scripts or additional resources within Terraform to tag configurations with relevant Git branches, tags, or commit versions, ensuring traceability across different environments (dev/test/prod).