User Sign Up Process

Hi Experts!

We are building a user control panel where we can currently

1. Manually create a user
  2. Use the management API to add this user to the Auth0 DB
  3. Set User MetaData
  4. Set User Nickname

At the moment we are using branded emails to send a combined "welcome’ email that verifies the user and forces them to create a password.

What we would like to do is delay the auto verification email and only send it via a ‘button click’ once certain other processes are carried out.

So, I guess my question is, is it possible to stop the automated email firing and is there an API to send out a branded ‘Welcome’ email and a password reset link within it? Also, we will need to be able to identify the user within this part so the password is reset correctly?

Many thanks
Fiorano

Hi @Senor_Fiorano,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have some questions about the user sign-up process.

Firstly, it is possible to stop the automated Verification Email from sending to the user.

To do so, please create the user with the verify_email: false property during your first step. This will prevent the verification email from sending to the user on creation while the verification email template is enabled.

Note that you’ll want to keep the template enabled so that you can send the verification email at a later point in time. See this FAQ to learn more.

In this situation, we recommend repurposing the Password Reset Email as an Invitation and sending them to your users. This way you can create the users on their behalf without sending the Verification Email, and at a later time, send the Password Reset Email repurposed as an invitation.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if you need any help with getting this setup.

Thank you.