[Urgent help] Passwordless login not working with Auth0Cordova

I am using auth0 in my ionic app. I have followed the documentation, and it works perfect: Auth0 Ionic & Capacitor (Angular) SDK Quickstarts: Login

Now I am facing one big issue. I am not able to add passwordless connection which is ‘sms’ to my login page.

Below is my code:
private options :any = {
scope: ‘openid profile offline_access email’,
auth: {
audience: AUTH_CONFIG.audience,
redirectUrl: AUTH_CONFIG.callbackURL
},
allowedConnections: [‘sms’, ‘facebook’, ‘google-oauth2’, ‘linkedin’, ‘windowslive’],
passwordlessMethod: ‘code’,
};

this.Client.authorize(this.options, (err, authResult) => {
  }

Inspite of passing ‘sms’ in allowedConnections, it is not showing me that option on login page. Can anyone please help me it?
Thanks in advance!

Hello, @divyasmehta!

Can you please confirm if you are using Embedded or Universal Login?

Thanks!

Hi @joseantonio.rey thanks for your response. I am using embedded login.

Hello, @divyasmehta,

A couple things here.

1.- I am assuming that you are using Lock. In this instance, you have to enable Lock’s Passwordless mode: Lock v11 for Web
2.- While we support Passwordless connections for embedded login, please, be aware of the security implications.

I’m pretty sure that your issue is related to #1 - would you give it a try and let us know if it worked?

Thanks!

@joseantonio.rey please check my post. I have said that I am using Auth0Cordova as per the documentation: Auth0 Ionic & Capacitor (Angular) SDK Quickstarts: Login I am building an ionic app.

How can I use passwordless mode with this? There is no solution for this in the documentation.

Hello, @divyasmehta,

Our Quickstart uses Auth0.js to build components and perform authentications. If you need an extra button, you will have to edit the Quickstart in order to use the endpoints I listed in #2 above.

Otherwise, you can use Universal Login and edit the template there as I recommended in #1.

The documentation for what you’re looking for is the one I linked, and at this point this is becoming a custom solution, so it can be implemented in many ways. If you are looking for a more straightforward and less custom way, I recommend Universal Login.

3 Likes

Thanks @joseantonio.rey Universal login solved my issue!

1 Like

Perfect! Glad to hear that!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.