Update login page HTML for tenant

Hello,

I have a task to automate the management of the HTML pages (login and change password) on our Auth0 tenants.

Looking at the documentation, there is a property for change_password, but not for login_page. So it seems that it is only possible to PATCH the HTML for change password through the v2 Management API.

This issue was addressed by another post around 18 months ago, though it seems to have been swept under the carpet since then. However, in that question there was mention of a possible workaround - that it is possible to update login_page for the global client.

As we have several tenants, it would be desirable to be able to retrieve the global client ID through the v2 Management API, but it doesn’t look like that is possible - though I am fairly new to the API, so perhaps I’m missing something.

So my questions are thus -

1. Will the lack of ability to update login_page through the /api/v2/tenants/settings ever be addressed?
  2. Assuming the resolution of number 1 isn’t imminent, how can I retrieve the global client ID of a tenant through the v2 Management API?
  3. Is there a different/better way to do this that I am not aware of?

Thanks,
David

Hi @david.gard

Instead of the management API, you could use the deploy-cli tool to deploy the ULP.
Would that help?

John

Hi @john.gateley,

Thanks for your reply.

It’s been a while since I properly investigated so things may have changed, but my understanding is that the CLI uses the PUT method to update configuration, as opposed to PATCH. This means that we’d have to control everything related to the tenant settings via the CLI, which at this time is not what we’re looking for.

To be clear - I am successfully using have the workaround with /api/v2/clients/{globalClienId} to update the login_page HTML, so this is not a blocker for us - I’m just looking for a better way to do this via the API, if there is one.

Thanks,
David