Universal login page appearence changed after I integrated server part

I just finished two tutorials related to SPA Angular authentication and NestJS API set-up and integration.

After I finished most of the Angular application configuration tutorial, the universal login page used to look like this one:

I configured it at the beginning and it appears on the Branding>Universal Login page of my tenant.

However, after I finished the tutorial for API configuration and integrated it with my client side. The universal login page changed its appearance to this:

How can I revert the appearance of the universal login page to what it looked like before API integration? And what’s the cause of this behavior?

I found the root of the problem.

The universal login page displayed on the redirect does not match the template displayed on the Branding > Universal Login > Quick Start and Branding > Universal Login > Customization Options pages.

Login page on Quick Start page:

Login page on Customization Options page:

The login page after I push the Try button or visit it from the local repository.

How can I revert changes back to the initial appearance (Discard button disabled)?

Suppose I create a new user. Everything is working as expected until you open the Customization Options page. But at the very beginning, you can revert changes at the time.

Looks like the primary solution is to delete and create a new tenant or account, but for now I do not want to do this and want to solve this problem with the existing ones.

So, since no one answered and did not provide any other solutions, I just deleted the existing tenant and created a new one. Then I just updated credentials in local applications.

To not break the view of the universal login page, I just made a few adjustments on the Universal Login > Quick Start section and nothing more.

If I update the view on the Universal Login > Customization Options page, the universal login appearance can change in an “old manner” as I highlighted above. And it looks like a bug to me as a user.

Hey @yaroslavtereshchuk thanks for following up with your friends, sorry someone wasn’t able to chime in sooner :confused:

I’ve seen similar situations where the following setting is enabled which overrides all other customizations and uses the Classic Universal Login:

1 Like

That’s odd behavior for the root functionality of such a service.

However, I hope this behavior won’t reproduce when I start working on adding terms and conditions from this topic wrote by @lihua.zhang that seems to include the appearance customization.

cc: @dan.woda

1 Like

It may also be worth looking into the following:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.