Universal login not reflecting on all applications

The issue is we have two applications under one tenant and we have a custom universal login
But the custom universal login is not reflected in one of the application (machine to machine)
In custom login we have added a field and this is used in pre-registration hook.
The pre-reg hooks throws error in machine to machine application as it has vanilla universal login
So we were thinking if there was any way to execute hook only for one application
Or if we can have the universal login sync in both applications would be great
Have any of you faced this issue before? Do you know what might be causing the issue?

Hi @sgopalakrishnan,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you are encountering issues with the Universal Login page.

First, could you please clarify what happens when your M2M application tries to log in? Does it see the Universal Login Page? If not, what page does it render?

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way to query the context.clientID with Hooks. Instead I recommend that you convert your hook into a Pre-User Registration Action and obtain the event.client.client_id to execute your logic specifically for one application.

You might find our Pre-Registration Action Event Object helpful.

By default, the Universal Login Page should be the same for all your applications. Would you be able to elaborate whether you have modified your Universal Login Page or whether you are using the default Lock template?

Thank you.

Hey Rueben, thank you for the quick response.

Ok so if syncing of Universal login does not work will try to use actions (But i dont see actions in my nav list, have updated the tenant to use the latest version of nodejs, should i reach out to Auth0 to enable actions?)

For M2M when we reach the login page, i can see the vanilla screen for user registration, email and password. We have added custom filed which is available in SPA but not in M2M.

Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi @sgopalakrishnan,

Thank you for your response.

Firstly, I believe you have Actions as an available feature. Could you please confirm if you see the Actions menu in the Auth0 Dashboard? See below.

After testing the Universal Login Page, I managed to see the additional sign-up fields on the sign-up page of my M2M application. See below.

Given that, I believe that your Universal Login Page may have issues. Could you please clarify if you configured the additionalSignUpFields in your Universal Login Page correctly? See additionalSignUpFields example more details.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

Hi ruben,
This is my nav bar in auth0, here i am not able to find actions

Under hooks they ask me to upgrade to actions

when i click i get this error

Also the additionalSignUpField is configured properly i believe as it is working fine in one application. The issue is only for M2M. Is there any config in additional signup that enables it only in one application?

Again thank you for your response :slight_smile:

Hi @sgopalakrishnan,

Thank you for your response.

The screenshot of your Auth0 Dashboard does not look like the new Auth0 Dashboard. This looks like the legacy version, which you can tell from the new versus old UI. I’ve also confirmed that the Actions feature has been a globally available feature that everybody should have access to.

Given that, there are a couple of things I’d like you to try for me to better understand what is going on.

First, could you please try to use the Management API to create an Action and see if you get a successful response?

Next, could you please try to make a new tenant and see if the new tenant has the new UI and features? It may also be worth using an alternative browser.

It’s possible by rendering the Universal Login page only for one application by checking for a specific client ID. Could you please share your Universal Login page code with me so that I can check it out?

Thank you.

Hi @sgopalakrishnan,

It has been some time since I have heard from you.

I wanted to check in to see if you have resolved your issues?

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.