Unexplained Outage

Hey all,

Although there isn’t any reported outage for Tuesday December 6th, 2022, we did experience an approximately 24-hour long window where our .Net backend could not connect to Auth0. After a day of debugging and chasing dead ends, everything started working again.

I’m trying to figure out if anyone has experienced similar to this, and if so do we know a root cause of it?

Here are the errors I received:

authenticationexception: the remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

[“InvalidOperationException: IDX20803: Unable to obtain configuration from: ‘[PII is hidden]’”]

[“InvalidOperationException: IDX20804: Unable to obtain configuration from: ‘[PII is hidden]’”]

I made no meaningful changes to cause this to happen, and no meaningful changes that would fix it. I’m trying to get to the bottom of whether this is something from Auth0s side or from our Azure .NET backend, and how to prevent or mitigate it in the future.

Thanks.

There was a reported outage on December 5 - so depends on which timezone you’re in, it could be the 6th.

We continued (and continue) to have issues despite the status now being Up.

Hi folks, I posted an update here: Auth0 is Down for all our Environments and all our Users are reporting an outage! - #12 by dan.woda