Unable to package/create executables(run application like .exe) of my auth0 authenticated electron app

So one thing which I previously understood that this quick-start repo is not compatible with electron’s latest version(i.e. 17.1.0), then according to my needs I tailored rest of the project but now it is almost done and I want to package-distribute it or another way I wanted to create an .exe (executable) file of it so that anyone can use it. So I used electron-packager to get it done through this article/guide.
But when I opened my exe file(application) I encountered following error, which is attached below

Hey there!

I would encourage you to raise it as a GitHub issue in the quickstart repo so that you can discuss it directly with the repo maintainer as it seems the most effective way to handle that.

1 Like

Once you have a link to it you can share it here so we can ping them. Thank you!

1 Like

yeah sure, here it is Unable to package/create executables(run application like .exe) of my auth0 authenticated electron app · Issue #25 · auth0-blog/electron-openid-oauth · GitHub
Waiting for solution over this problem from auth0 community, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks I’ll ping the maintainers in a few minutes

1 Like

Hey @ShubhamMetkar, I’d like to highlight a few things on this issue:

1. The issue you are reporting is not related to a Quickstart but to a tutorial/blog post. Currently, we don’t have any Electron Quickstarts.
  2. As I replied here, the blog post (and the related repo) uses Electron 9.0, and currently there is no plan to update it to a newer version. The Auth0 integration approach remains the same, but you need to adapt your Electron code to the latest version.
    As far as I understand, you managed to do it. Excellent!
  3. The issue you submitted here and in the sample project repo looks unrelated to Auth0. It is related to electron-packager. Although you might find some Auth0 Community members with experience in this tool, there are chances you can more easily receive the proper support on the electron-packager project.

I hope I’ve given you directions to solve your problem more effectively.

2 Likes

Ohhk, understood sir, thank you!

yes sure!!
Waiting for it, Thank you :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.