UI changes for "At least 3 of the following" validation during reset-password

Hi,
We’ve configured Password Strength with following points:

In case when user meets “At least 3 of the following” requirement - text of that point that he did not use becomes also green. Is it possible for us to configure it to stay black or it is built-in behaviour ?

Hi @vlada.aleksandrova,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

It appears that the behavior you’ve described is a known issue when using the New Universal Login experience. However, when using the Classic Universal Login experience, the password strength tooltip disappears after meeting all the conditions.
(Reference: How to remove the check marks if all are met - #3 by rueben.tiow)

I am investigating further why the password strength tooltip does not disappear for the New Universal Login experience.

Once I have an update, I will follow up on this post.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your reference but it is not about tooltip disappearing. It is about the case when for example user does not meet one requirement but the text if this requirement becomes green. There is no check mark but text is green. I expected that it stays black. Can you please check my screencast

1 Like

Hi @vlada.aleksandrova,

Thanks for the screencast and clarification.

The behavior of the password strength tooltip turning all the text to green is by design. What is meant by the text turning green is that it satisfied the “At least 3 of the following” requirement. Among the four options, the ones marked with a green tick indicate that the password satisfies those characteristics.

I understand the confusion this may cause and acknowledge it may seem counterintuitive. However, this behavior is intentional and cannot be changed. If you would like, you could submit a feedback request asking for more customization options for the password strength on the reset password page.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.