The problem with Auth0 and React

Coding in React? Use auth0-react
Oh, you don’t want the universal Login? How about auth0-lock?
What? You ALSO want some UI freedom? How about auth0-js to make an embedded login?
PKCE? Never heard of it… Maybe just let your backend open and forget about all of it

@felipecbiondi,

Welcome to the Community. Is there a question in here? Or some feedback for our product team? We try to cover most common use-cases.

:flushed: I wouldn’t recommend this.

I’m currently in a choice loop between your SDKs, I know the pros and cons of each product but I need the following:

• Auth0 Login in my product page
    • Lock
    • Embedded
  • PKCE flow to the same product page integrated with an open-source native app
    • Code Flow isn’t enough, according to Auth0’s documentation

Currently, no option can provide both. auth0-react is great to implement as a provider, but redirects to Universal Login, auth0-lock/auth0-js are turnarounds to keep the client inside my page but provides less security since I can’t use PKCE.

Thanks for explaining the use-case. I submitted the feedback to our product team. If you would like to make a feature request or just have general product feedback for our team in the future, you can submit it here:

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the attention

1 Like

No problem, let us know if you have any other questions. Sorry for the frustrations!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.