Tenant disappeared, but still works

I seem to have completely lost control of my Auth0 tenant. When I log into Auth0 I no longer see my tenant, and it asks me to create a new one. I know the tenant is working because it is still running on one of my test applications, but I can no longer access it to edit the settings. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated.

Hey @andrew.pla - welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Are you sure you haven’t been previously using a username/password account, and just now switched to a Social login? Accounts would be different, so if you initially logged in using username/password, you have to log in with it again - the same way with any of our social logins, if you were using Google, for example, you have to use Google again.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Yep as Jose said, if you use login with Google and then you’re logging in with your username and password, for the system those will be two separate accounts.

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestion, I had the same thought, so I went back and checked my welcome emails and they are all associated with my work email as my username so it wouldn’t have been a social login account. Any other thoughts?

@andrew.pla There are three possible scenarios here:

  1. You are using the incorrect account (which we have already discarded)
  2. Your tenant was deleted (which is not plausible as it continues to work)
  3. You were removed as an admin from the tenant (I think this is what happened)

I recommend that you reach out to fellow admins to get yourself re-added - this is a self-service process and you can find information on it here: https://auth0.com/docs/get-started/dashboard/manage-dashboard-users

if you don’t know or remember who are the other admins you can send us your tenant name or the email you use for logging into Auth0 and we’ll progress with that.

Sent a PM with requested information

Perfect! I’ll look into that soon!

As I said in the DM there are no other admins on this tenant so the third case is not valid. The situation is kinda strange. Can we ask you to create another tenant and just use the new one as this is quite hard to debug as we’ve pretty much validated all the cases.

While it would be nice to keep the domain, I’m not super attached to it so that’s not a problem. My main goal was to ensure that this issue wasn’t something I had done wrong in order to avoid problems in the future.

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Gotchya! No worries we’re here for you!