Social login inactivity timeout

Hi
We use social connections and need to setup a short inactivity timeout. We can manage this setting for Auth0 Accounts, but I wonder if there is a way to configure this for social providers. I’ve tried to search for a similar setting for the google API (https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials) but the only information I can find is for G-Suite application access, not for external applications only using the oAuth credentials.
Our current solution is to manage this with a cookie ourselves, but I feel there mus be a better solution.

Thanks!

Hey @kalle.hoppe, welcome to the Auth0 Community!

There isn’t a way to configure the inactivity timeout in the Social connections on Auth0 side of things. However if this is something you feel you would like to see added in the future, please leave your feedback at Auth0: Secure access for everyone. But not just anyone.

Thanks!

@kalle.hoppe responded via email with the following:

Hi thanks.

Yes it would be very helpful if one could do that. Or if i could choose to use the tenant timeout settings on the social too.

So how do others sol e this issue?

Best

/Kalle

It’s suggested from one of our support engineers that others solve this challenge through their application code. Please let me know if you have any additional questions in the thread and I would be happy to help, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.