SMS login: Country code undefined after reopening widget

I am using Auth0 Lock (SMS Passwordless login) within a React app. I have a button that prompts the user to login, which displays the Lock widget. When I first load the page and click to login, the Lock dialog pops up with the correct default fields: a dropdown select field for country code and a field for phone number. I am able to login without issue.

However, if I close the Lock dialog without logging in, and click the button again to login, the country code field displays ‘undefined undefined’ – and if I attempt to click the dropdown, the console shows an error: Cannot read property ‘map’ of undefined (list.js:203).

If I refresh the page, the dialog works properly again.

I checked the logs and see the following:

Failed silent auth

"error": {
      "message": "Login required",
      "oauthError": "login_required",
      "type": "oauth-authorization"
    }

Not sure what is happening here. Any thoughts? Happy to provide additional information / code as applicable.

UPDATE: I tried cloning the embedded-login branch from the auth0-react-sample. In src/Auth/Auth.js, I imported Auth0LockPasswordless and changed the instantiation from new Auth0Lock to new Auth0LockPasswordless. The above bug still occurs.

For now, the workaround I’ve found is setting the closable: false parameter when creating the instance of Auth0LockPasswordless:

lock = new Auth0LockPasswordless(AUTH_CONFIG.clientId, AUTH_CONFIG.domain, {
    autoclose: true,
    auth: {
      redirectUrl: AUTH_CONFIG.callbackUrl,
      responseType: 'token id_token',
      params: {
        scope: 'openid'
      }
  },
  closable: false
  });

I’m leaving this open in case someone from Auth0 has any additional insights or fixes.

Hey there!

Sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing the best developer support experience out there, but sometimes the number of incoming questions is just too big for our bandwidth. Sorry for such inconvenience!

Do you still require further assistance from us?