Single AAD Connection to be used my multiple clients

Hi,

We have an AAD enterprise connection setup that is currently only being used by one client. We now have a use case where we expect more clients to want to use our corporate AAD connection.

It seems to me that, in addition to registering apps in AAD, I will have to create duplicate AAD connections in Auth0; with each connection having the client secret for respective clients.

This, of course, is not ideal as we would have thought there would be a way for more than one client to be able to use a single AAD connection. Also, maintaining duplicate connections will become a nightmare.

Anyone got any suggestions or ideas before i embark into creating additional AAD connections?

Hello, @nick.govind! Welcome to the Auth0 Community.

Actually, a connection can be used with multiple applications! As long as you define one application per actual application, and your connection is turned on for the necessary application, you should be able to use it. You could even achieve SSO!

Just to clarify, could you explain why you believe you might need multiple connections?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @joseantonio.rey,

Perhaps I have been looking at this wrong. Online resources say that auth0 clients have to be registered in AAD. I have taken it to mean that all clients in auth0 that we want to authenticate with AAD need to be registered. each registered client has its own unique client and secret. to utilise these settings, i would need to create a new connectio in Auth0.

However, if i think of it as Auth0 delegating authentication with AAD (or any idP for that matter) , then you are absolutely correct.

I shall do some testing to ensure my theory is correct.

Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Hey @nick.govind,

Sounds great! Please, let us know how it goes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.