Sing up user with predefined password

I want to invite users to my web site so I need to create a user with passwords in auth 0 after that I need to send an invitation for users to come to my website so when they accept the invitation I will let them enter their own passwords.

NOTE: I already used the auth0 forms for login and sign up is that affect my scenarios (i.e, If I enter their passwords, is that affect multi-factor auth ) if not there is anything is ready to do this for me?

Hi @baraade,

so I need to create a user with passwords

You can create users via Management API and predefined passwords (though the question is if this is the best approach).
https://auth0.com/docs/api/management/v2#!/Users/post_users

Do you plan to communicate that password via this initial invitation email?

What’s the reason you need to create the users in advance and not simply just let them signup when they come to the Auth0 login/signup page?

If I enter their passwords, is that affect multi-factor auth

Can you clarify what you mean with this? Where and why would you enter their passwords? If you create the users in advance, you should do so via Management API, not the signup page.

2 Likes

this is my scenario i add person who has this email (test@test.com) under my company so i have to send invitation via email to that user so when he accept the invitation i need him to reset his password and put new one is it valid if yes how i can achieve reset pass ?