Signup on Universal Login Pages

I’d like to add signup page on my Universal Login Pages. Universal Login Pages’ URL is “/login”.

The only way I could find in Auth0 doc was to have the signup on the “/login” page. How can I use “/signup” URL for signup page?

Hi @kwst,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you would like to have the signup option on the New Universal Login Page.

First, the New Universal Login Page has a signup option by default on the UI. Have you gotten a chance to try it?

Alternatively, you can pass the screen_hint=signup query parameter in your /authorize request to show the signup page. For example:

https://YOUR_DOMAIN/authorize?
    response_type=code&
    client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID&
    redirect_uri=https://YOUR_APP/callback&
    scope=SCOPE&
    audience=API_AUDIENCE&
    state=STATE&
    screen_hint=signup

After doing so, your users can signup on to your application.

Lastly, you may find the New Universal Login Experience - SignUp doc useful.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

@rueben.tiow Thanks for replying!

I know the solution to use screen_hint=signup.
The Universal Login Page’s path is /login. I’d like to know if there is a path like /signup for signup instead of /login.

Thanks.

Hi @kwst,

Thank you for your response.

There is the option to call the Authentication API POST /dbconnections/signup endpoint to create new users.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Thanks @rueben.tiow

I have known the API (POST /dbconnections/signup). It is a API endpoint. I want “/signup” path as a web page the same as login page is “/login” path.

Thanks.

Hi @kwst,

Thank you for your response.

When using the New Universal Login, calling the /authorize request with the screen_hint=signup query parameter will send the user to the /signup URI.

Similarly, when the user presses the Sign Up button on the Universal Login Page, the URI changes accordingly. You will see the /signup URI when clicking on the Signup button and /login when clicking on the Login button.

I have tested this and can confirm that it works as expected.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.