I have been testing the new Sign In with Apple integration and have come across an issue when using “Sync user profile attributes at each login” option with the integration.
There are cases where it seems apple isn’t returning the full profile (so email is missing) and is causing an Identity with verified email (as is supposed to be for Social Identities) to become unverified and causing problems when there are verified email requirements.
To reproduce this:
- setup the “Sign In with Apple” integration and turn on the “Sync user profile attributes at each login” option
- setup a web app with “Sign In with Apple” option turned on
- login to app in Safari, this should be successful with no problems
- check the Identity in Auth0 dashboard and see that email is verified
- login to same app with same Apple ID in Chrome, this may or may not result in errors depending on your app setup and rules (for us we have a email verified check so results in an error)
- check the same Identity in Auth0 dashboard and see that email is no longer verified
If the “Sync user profile attributes at each login” option is turned off then no issue occurs but obviously the profile is never updated.
Will Auth0 attempt to workaround this for the “Sign In with Apple” option? Or is something else going on here?