Try Sign In with Apple in Your Auth0 Apps Today

Integrated support for Sign In with Apple is now available in Auth0 as a beta feature. Read about it in our blog article here!

3 Likes

If you need to support Sign In with Apple as an identity provider, Auth0 offers this as a beta feature now!

1 Like

I checked it as a checkbox in the settings, made sure it is selected for one of our mobile applications (this is a paid account). However the option does not show up as an option for universal login in our iOS.

All I still see is Google Login as an option.

And seems like logo doesn’t change to one selected for application as well, we just get standard Auth0 logo up top.

Hi @Engineer! Have you followed the steps outlined in the blog post? You will need to configure the integration with your client ID, client secret signing key, etc.

1 Like

Now that ios13 is right around the corner, are there any updates to the blog post? I’ve been able to implement the sign in into our app, and this post (http://community.auth0.com/t/user-name-and-email-missing-in-sign-in-with-apple-response/27267/2) says not to expect the username and email.

However, I am getting the user’s email. When I choose to hide my email address while signing up, I don’t get a name returned, but when I use my email address, I get the email address returned as the name as well. Is this what I should expect?

Hey there @chiaberry!

Let me reach out to the article author to find it out!

1 Like

Unfortunately didn’t manage to get any news yet, but as soon as I have something, will get back to you!

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same question.

In my case, I successfully implemented Sign In with Apple, but I get nothing: No email address and no name.

I don´t have an iOS or Mac App yet but still like to start with Apple Sign in.

Andreas

Hey there,

Have you seen the updated article regarding Sign In With Apple?

Hi,

I’ve got the sign in with Apple working. It does indeed return the full name and email of the user only the first time the user authorizes, which should be fine.

However after the token exchange the user created only includes the email, not the name of the user. Is this something that needs to set on our side or is this information included and should this be fixed on the Auth0 side?

Hey there @jordi!

Would you mind reaching out directly to the article author - Bruno in the main topic? I’m not experienced yet with this tech and as he’s the author here for sure he’ll provide more quality answers to your questions. Thank you!

Hey everyone be sure to check out our Sign In with Apple webinar on October 16th to ask questions and learn about the latest changes to get it added to your apps!

I have read through and followed the tutorials around SIWA, but have not found a way to get the Client Secret Signing Key that’s required for the Apple Social Connection. Can someone shed some light into how to obtain this key?

Clicking “How to obtain a Client Secret Signing Key” on the Connection Settings view brings me to this page which doesn’t actually highlight how to get the key.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the delayed reply. I am investigating this matter. First, I am going to consult with our Docs team if that’s guidance that we are missing. If that’s the case, then I will request if we can provide that guidance as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Dylan, I consulted with our Docs Team and they pointed that the section that guides you on how to get the key is here:
https://auth0.com/docs/connections/apple-siwa/set-up-apple#set-up-your-signing-key

Have you followed that section before?

What is the request you call? For example should teamId be in request and if so what is it- TeamId, teamID, etc…

Not clear at all from documentation. If I call this:

const auth0Client = new auth0.WebAuth({
    domain: config.domain,
    clientID: config.clientId,
    redirectUri: (process.env.NODE_ENV !== 'development') ? `${window.location.origin}/callback` : `https://webdev.wellthon.com/login/callback`,
    responseType: 'token id_token',
    scope: 'openid profile email',
  })

return auth0Client.authorize({
        connection: 'apple',
      }

I am able to get the popup but I can’t get anything back