Search the logs at a specific date

Trying to retrieve logs from the api for a specific date range, with parameters such as:

• q=date:2018-04-05* (does not work, gives me all results)
  • q=date:{* to 2018-04-05} (same)
  • q=date:[2018-04-04 TO 2018-04-05] (same)

I tried a few more things but they also either return nothing, or all results. I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong, or if date is not possible to query this way through the log endpoint

Note: I have work-arounds such as crawling ids, but I’m looking for a “proper way”. I’m using this when we need to replay certain parts of the log for various reasons directly from Auth0’s API, even thus normally we just batch get them at a certain position which we increment and save.

Note also this is similar to Filter logs by date - #3 by vermavikash014 though there is no reply there. We also use the PSaaS, but APIv2 is enabled so the above is a v2 query (https://auth.mozilla.auth0.com/api/v2/logs)

Hey @gdestuynder !

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened and there has been no reply or further information provided from the community as to the existence of the issue we would like to check if you are still facing the described challenge?

We are more than happy to assist in any way! If the issue is still out there please let us know so we can create a new thread for better visibility, otherwise we’ll close this one in week’s time.

Thank you!

I’m just dumping all logs with the API and using my own elasticsearch now, as a work-around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.