Redirect after invite password reset

We’ve set up an invitation route to organisations, and we’ve got most of it working. But, once the user has followed the invite link and set their password, our users get a page with just a confirmation, not a redirect and no button. Strangely enough, when you do a normal password reset via email, they do get a button to take them back to login. (Attached a picture of it)

And we have a Application Login URI set, but that does not seem to fire at all

Preferably we would like to provide the redirectURI in the email, or if we could set it using an action for post password reset, but we’re not even certain this is a normal password reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @bengt,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you want to redirect your users after the password reset invitation.

To redirect your users, I recommend adding your redirect URL in the Redirect To field in the Change Password email template.

Once this is complete, your users will be redirected automatically to your desired URL after they have set their password successfully.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,
Rueben

Good evening Rueben

Thank you very much for the help, but it does not seem to work. It did change the look of the email though (wondering if its changing logging to try to use the old system?). We are still being sent back to the default login URI for the application. (and we can’t change that because we can’t control where the invites go in the actions, and we need that path for the invite)

It does look like the old rules used to have functions to control the redirect, but the new version does not. Do you know if there is any plans to reintroduce better control for redirects any time soon? Asking because it’s causing us a lot of headaches, especially as we’re using organizations as well.

Hi @bengt,

Thank you for your response.

That’s interesting. In that case, could you please try using the Management API’s Create a password change ticket endpoint to see if setting the result_url in the request for one of your organization_id redirects them back to the resulting URL?

Unfortunately, I am unable to provide an ETA as to when Actions will have feature parity with Rules. But rest assured that it is on the timeline to be introduced in the future.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.