"Quota exceeded. No more roles can be added"

Hi,
Currently, there are only 3 roles that I need in an organization. Admin, consultant and contract consultant. When I’m adding new users under the same organization with the above roles, the roles are getting duplicated. Is that how this works or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @vydehi.merusomayajul,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

The Roles can become duplicated if you assign the user generic Roles (RBAC) and Organization Roles.

To understand the situation better, could you please send me your tenant’s name in a direct message?

And could you please share with me the exact steps and endpoint you called to add the Roles to your users?

Thanks,
Rueben

2 Likes

Hi @vydehi.merusomayajul,

Just following up on this thread after working through it with you on direct messages.

It seems like your production tenant has reached the entity limit of 1000 roles. Looking further into our Entity Limit Policy in this link here, it states:

I verified this information with my colleagues, as well, that the Roles per tenant is a hard limit enforced across all subscription plans and cannot be increased. This means, even with an upgrade, it won’t be possible to increase the number of roles for your tenant.

One possible workaround is to create more tenants to take advantage of creating more roles.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.