Problem with verification email

I created a post login action that triggers the resend of the verification email when a non-verified user logins.

This is the code of the action (though I don’t think it is relevant):

exports.onExecutePostLogin = async (event, api) => {
  const { user } = event;
  if (user.email_verified) {
    return;
  }

const { ManagementClient } = require("auth0");
  const client = new ManagementClient({
    domain: event.secrets.domain,
    clientId: event.secrets.clientId,
    clientSecret: event.secrets.clientSecret,
  });

// The first time the user signs-in, they can't have `verification_sent_at` in metadata;
  // So, I can use this fact to determine this is the first sign-in and interrupt the action execution with an early-exit.
  // .. but just before that I store `verification_sent_at` in the metadata, so next time it will be there.
  const verificationSent = user.user_metadata.verification_sent_at;
  if (!verificationSent) {
    console.log("First sign-in for", user.email);
    await client.updateUserMetadata(
      { id: user.user_id },
      { verification_sent_at: Date.now() }
    );
    return;
  }

console.log("New sign-in for", user.email);

// If execution reaches this point, it means current user is a user who already signed-in in the past,
  // but didn't yet verify their email.
  // In a such case I want to send verification email again, but only if `verification_sent_at` is older than the
  // time the link in the verification email remains valid.
  const ttlVerificationLink = 1000 * 60 * 60 * 24 * 5; // 5 days, in milliseconds
  const sentAt = Number(verificationSent);
  const now = Date.now();
  const isLinkExpired = now - sentAt > ttlVerificationLink;

if (isLinkExpired) {
    // Resend the verification email
    await client.sendEmailVerification({ user_id: user.user_id });

// Reset the `verification_sent_at` metadata
    await client.updateUserMetadata(
      { id: user.user_id },
      { verification_sent_at: Date.now() }
    );

console.log("Verification email resent for user:", user.email);
  } else {
    console.log(
      "Current verification email is still valid, sent at",
      verificationSent
    );
  }
};

The code above seems to work fine - I receive the email as expected, only when a non verify user login.

The problem is when I click the verification link contained in the email.
In fact, instead of being redirected to {{ application.callback_domain }}/api/auth/verify-email, the URL I configured in “Branding / Email Templates / Redirect To”, I get the error below:

What seems even wierder to me, is that despite the error, when I inspect “User Management / Users / Raw JSON” the user appears now as verified "email_verified": true.

I added some logs on my side, and can confirm the endpoint {{ application.callback_domain }}/api/auth/verify-email is never called.

Another thing worth to mention is that if I create a new account, and verify it using the first email automatically sent by Auth0, everything works fine.

Any idea what’s going on?

I am also facing similar issue. When I first signup for the first time, it works fine. But if I click on the same link again , it gives me an error saying that "
Your email address could not be verified." whereas it should give something like user already verified.