POST /api/v2/users without sending any e-mails

Hi,

I have a use case where I wish to invite users manually without sending any verification or welcome emails yet. Then at some point later (could be a couple of days later) I would call “/passwordless/start” and the users would receive their first e-mail and sign into the system directly.

Is this possible? I’ve tried to use the “verify_email” flag and “/api/v2/users” but it still results in a signup email being sent out immediately.

In case you wish to understand the use-case better: I’m trying to avoid storing e-mail addresses anywhere in my application (only in Auth0). Furthermore, I need user-ids to already be created early on such that our admin users can work with their data entities to prepare a project which needs to be in a certain ready state before the rest of the users themselves are exposed to the project. If the users are made aware before the project has reached a ready state then there will be nothing for them to see upon signing in the first time.

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened, and there has been no reply or further information provided as to the existence of the issue, we are closing this topic. Please don’t hesitate to create a new topic if this issue is still present, we would be happy to work with you to help find a resolution.