Please tell me about requiring MFA when logging into the dashboard

Today, when I logged into the Auth0 dashboard, I received a notification stating that it is necessary to enable MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) from the profile.

Therefore, I have three questions:

1. Is there a URL provided with details about the notification?

2. The MFA settings seem to include only four options shown in the image. Is it not possible to use other methods such as One Time Password?

3. Will users who already have an account be unable to log in after February 1st if they do not set up MFA?

If anyone knows the answer to any of the above, I would appreciate your comments.

Hi @maronn,

Thanks for the questions.

It looks like we don’t currently have any additional public resources about the changes. Was there something specific you are looking for? I’m happy to reach out internally or pass some feedback to the team.

Google authenticator and guardian both support OTP.

Starting Feb 1st, you will be required to complete MFA to log in, and if you have not set it up you will be prompted to do so.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response.
I’m very grateful. Many of the questions I had have been resolved.
However, I have an additional question, so I’ll note it here.

I understand that Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is mandatory only for users logging into the dashboard, and users of external applications using Auth0’s Universal Login are not required to configure MFA.
Is it correct to assume that users of external applications utilizing Auth0 as an authentication and authorization server, and employing Universal Login as the authentication method in Auth0, will not be affected?

1 Like

@maronn,

Apologies for the delay.

If I understand your question correctly, yes, end users will not be effected by the change in question. This change will impact dashboard tenant members (i.e. admin, editors, viewers, etc.).

1 Like

@maronn,

We just published an additional resource. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.