Password Change ticket sends Verified Email ticket instead

Hello!

I’m currently working on a project where I need a invitation only signup system, I’ve been following this guide (Send Email Invitations for Application Signup) and using the Auth0 .NET Client Library (GitHub - auth0/auth0.net: .NET client for the Auth0 Authentication & Management APIs.), and I got it working quite nicely already.

However if I send a password reset ticket to trigger the registration I get a Email Verification email instead, which means users can’t register at all.

I checked if it was a issue with the email but if I trigger the reset password email via the Dashboard it sends the correct email.

Here’s my code:

public async void CreateUser()
    {
            var newUser = await Client.Users.CreateAsync(new UserCreateRequest{
                    Connection = _connection.name,
                    Email = EmailAddress,
                    EmailVerified = false,
                    UserName = UserName,
                    Password = "test",
                    FirstName = FirstName,
                    LastName = LastName
            });

await Client.Tickets.CreatePasswordChangeTicketAsync(new PasswordChangeTicketRequest
            {
                    UserId = newUser.UserId,
                    MarkEmailAsVerified = true
            });

EmailAddress = string.Empty;
            UserName = string.Empty;
    }

}

Am I missing something? I checked the API documentation and the configuration should be good.

Thanks alot in advance!

2 Likes

I’m also having this behavior. Did you get any solution?

I’m hitting this problem too and there’s been radio silence on this issue for a while.

I’m doing the same thing as @sgarciac is: setting email_verified to false on the user and mark_email_as_verified to true in the password change ticket, yet I only ever get verification emails and never a password reset. I’ve tried messing around with both of those fields too with various combinations of true and false on the off chance the guide was wrong.