Page Templates for New Universal Login - Beta

You can now use a Liquid Templates to customize the HTML content for the New Universal Login pages.

This will allow you to:

• Customize the background with gradients or background images
  • Change the page layout
  • Add a header or footer
  • Provide different content depending on the application or the universal login page

Page Templates allows you to have a consistent design for all existing and upcoming pages in the login flow, with minimum work.
You can learn more in our documentation.

Why are we doing this?

Until now, the New Universal Login only let you customize the logo and colors for the login flow. Page Templates enables you to specify the content around the Universal Login widget providing greater flexibility when adjusting the Universal Login flows to your requirements.

How does this affect you?

If you are using New Universal Login, you’ll have a new set of options to customize the look and feel of the login flow.

If you are not yet using New Universal Login, the added flexibility and customization is a great excuse to migrate to the new flow. Make sure you check the existing limitations.

Feedback

As with many platform enhancements, this improvement was inspired partly by customer feedback. If you have suggestions on how we can continue to make our services better, please provide us feedback below.

3 Likes

Will this new beta version allow Identity First sign in? Any idea when that will be available if not?

1 Like

Hi @slicc,

This feature is not part of the templates beta, but we are expecting it to be rolled out separately mid Q3.

1 Like

That’s great, thanks.

1 Like

Hi Dan,

is the feature " New Universal Login Pages with Pages Templates" availiable for all users?

I would like to use it but can not find it.

When ich click on “Customize Login Page” and insert a Template, it only seems to be able to render the old lock based templates. The new template with Liquid tags doesn’t even get rendered ie. the template tags are output in plaintext.

I have custom urls enabled.

thanks alot

@bene,

Check out the page templates API:

You should be able to access it through there if you have custom domains enabled.

1 Like

The documentation for this feature has the content type as "text/html ", but when I call this end point I get an error that it expects JSON. The management API (branding/templates/universal-login) also expects JSON, but doesn’t describe how the format should be. Can someone provide an example of the JSON format for this call?

2 Likes

Hi @dan.woda

I’ve been trying it out and I was able to update the template using the management api by following the example, but the universal login still renders the default experience - is there something else I need to do to connect the universal login to the template?

Hi @Gratus-BenchSci,

Make sure you have configured New universal login, and that you are not using classic.

I was able to make it work. I got a little lost in how to connect the templated version to a custom domain.
The instructions talk about overrides (Configure Features to Use Custom Domains) without explaining what the content of those values are and the auth0.js documentation doesn’t even mention overrides. It took me a while to piece it together - but now it works.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for posting your resolution.

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue, documentation is unclear.

Hi @jeremy.s,

I am not getting the same error. Can you describe the call you are making and the behavior you are seeing in response?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.