.NET MAUI Hybrid

Hello all,

has there been any development work in the direction of .NET MAUI Blazor in the meantime?
Or is there a way to deploy .NET MAUI a proper callback?

It would be great if you could give me a time frame, Microsoft wants to release Q2 this year.

We are currently working on our systems and are still in the development phase together with Auth0. That would be the point us to decide for you guys.

I am looking forward to future cooperation!

Hey there!

It seems like it’s been already asked:

2 Likes

Hello,

Yes I am aware, but the post is from November 2021, so I ask for an update?

2 Likes

Hey there!

Must have missed your message sorry for that. Unfortunately still I don’t have any update on that front.

1 Like

Maui went GA today. What is the anticipated time frame for SDK development? We are trying to hold of switching our clients to another provider so this is very important. We already have multiple Maui apps ready for testing.

2 Likes

I’m also interested in this. Would be awesome if Auth0 had something for MAUI BlazorWebView.

3 Likes

Also waiting for Auth0 with Maui, native AND Hybrid !

2 Likes

Unfortunately still no update on that front. Will let you know once it’s there!

1 Like

Thanks Konrad! This is critical to move forward!

3 Likes

Hi Konrad,
This is also critical for our mobile strategy that rely on Maui. Do you have any visibility for this support, is it in your roadmap priorities, or should we switch to an other IDP for these mobile targets ?
Thanks for any informations !

2 Likes

Hi Konrad, any news for supporting Maui apps in auth0 ?
I’m wondering why it’s so long to implement such a feature ? .Net 6 is not on your roadmap ?
Still waiting…

2 Likes

Hey @konrad.sopala ,
is there already any news?
We urgently need a solution.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hey there!

Sorry everyone for delayed response but I was out of office. Unfortunately still no news on that front. As soon as I know something I will make sure to relay it here!

1 Like

Hey @AllDayCare, @qomben, @Topanoe, @lars.wesselius, @charles4, and everyone else who is interested in .NET MAUI, I wrote an article about integrating a native app with Auth0:

Add Authentication to .NET MAUI Apps with Auth0

Keep in mind though that the framework is not so stable yet and I expect many improvements (and official Microsoft documentation) in the next few months. So please take it as a preliminary work that hopefully will evolve with MAUI evolution.
Have a good read!

1 Like

Hello all,

I am not yet completely satisfied with the proposed solution and sat down a bit. I would like to keep everything simple and the same so I tried to link the blog post with a combination of another idea and it works fine.
I’m sharing the link to the other solution here and happy to share the knowledge.

Here you can combine CascadingAuthenticationState with the Auth0 Solution. Im not a 100% pro so please be aware of some security issues! But i think Microsoft will do it better then me - so feel free to try it out.

https://www.mitchelsellers.com/blog/article/net-maui-blazor-hybrid-custom-authentication-implementation

Kind regards

1 Like

Hey @AllDayCare,
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your blog post.
Just to clarify for the readers: my blog post is about a fully native approach, while yours uses a hybrid approach based on BlazorWebView.
Of course, the hybrid approach leverages more mature support for authorization provided by Blazor.

1 Like

Any chance someone could provide a variation to the Maui native for us Blazor Maui users? Also we really need an example with a working ASP.NET Core API. I was not able to understand our to combine @AllDayCare example with @andrea.chiarelli example.

I can’t believe it is this freaking hard to become an Auth0 customer :slight_smile: , no working code, no need to be a customer.

Hey @LuckyWolf19, I’d like to provide more examples about .NET MAUI as my little contribution. However, the framework’s stability is still in progress (like my learning abilities :slightly_smiling_face:)

I hope to focus on the topic again as soon as possible. Please, be patient :pray:

1 Like

Hey Andrea. Love your articles on Auth…thank you. I have a project that uses a razor class library that lets me re-use those components for Blazor Server, Wasm and now Maui Blazor hybrid. I have auth working with Blazor Server (thanks to you), WASM (thanks to you), the related API (thanks to you), but I have just stalled on the Maui Blazor hybrid. I know you did an Auth article for Native Maui. Do you have any plans for a Maui Blazor hybrid article?

Tagging you @andrea.chiarelli for visibility. Thank you!