Move from Username-Passwordless

Hi,

We are thinking on moving from Username-Password authentication to Passwordless but based in this article Passwordless and Username+Password at the same time we can’t have both working at the same time, so my question is, is there a way to migrate from Username-Password to Passwordless? If so, what is the best way to do it and how should we handle current accounts created already using Username-Password?

Also, another question is, if we move to passwordless, can we still do Google, Facebook, Apple sign ups?

Thanks!

Hi @daniel.berrocal,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you’d like to migrate your users from the Username-Password connection to the Passwordless connection.

To do so, you can do the following:

1. Export your users using either the Import/Export Extension or Management API User Export Job.
  2. Then to import, create users with the exported information and setting to the Passwordless connection (email or sms) using the Management API Create a User endpoint.

Alternatively, you could consider Account Linking the user’s Database connection account with their Passwordless account.

Regarding your second question, yes, you can use Passwordless and Social connections together.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I’d be happy to clarify.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.