More than 10 custom fields when SignUp

I would like to have more than 10 custom fields at sign-up.

The Auth0 user does not need to store any custom field information, as long as it can be stored in the user table of an external database. (Create script for Custom Database)

However, due to the limitation that the number of fields that can be added to user_metadata is limited to 10, I can’t pass all fields (more than 10) to the Create script. Is there a solution to this problem?

Hi @y.suzuki ,

I noticed that you created a support ticket for the same query. Once the ticket is solved, I will share the solution on this topic to help other folks in our community. Thanks!

1 Like

@lihua.zhang , thank you.

I hope there is a solution, even if it means more processing content.

Below is the solution provided in the Support ticket.

When setting the user_metadata field using the Authentication API /dbconnections/signup endpoint, you are limited to a maximum of 10 string fields and 500 characters.

The above limit is for the signup events, so the values will not be passed on to the next action in the flow.

You can add values from an external database to [user.user_metadata] after signUp.

You can make use of post-login action to fetch the user’s details from the external DB and update the metadata values.

However, it should be noted that depending on your usage of this endpoint, this may cause issues with rate limiting (Rate Limit Policy)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.