I've successfully connected auth0 to my database using "custom database", Whats the next step?

I’ve successfully connected auth0 to my database using “custom database”, get user script and login script both are working.

Great job! For next steps, are you following a specific tutorial? What are you trying to achieve, or what’s your use case?

Well I was following the custom database tutorial. I’m trying to set it up so I can use mysql database. Correct me if i’m wrong, But the way I’m trying to set up my app is using auth0 to sign in with custom sign up fields, once log in will that data go to mysql database?

@cvasquez0100 that’s correct in a username/password situation. However it’s important to note that if your users are leveraging social identity providers you provide then likely you will not be able to retrieve the same dataset as discussed in the doc below. Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks!

2 Likes

We won’t be using other social identity providers, But we will have a custom sign up page, So what would be the best tutorial in my situation that you recommend?. If I can also ask, What was the purpose of me working on the custom database feature? I would think that would be all since you have 2 scripts “login” and “get users”?

Nevermind, i’ve solved my issue.

I’m glad to hear you got everything handled @cvasquez0100! Please let us know if we can be of any help in the future :+1:

1 Like

Well now theirs just one issue. I have a custom sign up, meaning my app requires more than an email and password, it requires 4 extra fields. When I sign up with my user the extra fields don’t go to my database only email and password do.

When you sign up with a user are doing the email/password option or are you leveraging social sign up and not seeing the data come across?

The email/password option leads heavily with the doc I referenced for Custom Signup.

For social signups we can get additional information after the users sign up, there’s two ways right now 1) redirecting to another page where we use redirect rules to redirect the user to another page where you ask for extra information, and then redirect back to finish the authentication transaction. And this will be placed in our user_metadata 2) Progressive profiling

However after referencing these docs and you still find it should be working accordingly then the next step would be to send of a HAR file of the login flow that isn’t transmitting the custom fields you want to have come across. If you could pair this with the tenant name and send it over in a DM I’ll be happy to take a look. Thanks!

1 Like

Appreciate the help, but my problem has been solved! thanks

1 Like

I’m glad to hear it all came together!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.