"body": {},
  "qs": {},
  "error": {
    "message": "Missing required parameter: response_type",
    "oauthError": "invalid_request",
    "type": "request-error"
  }
}

The error does not occur for all users (some users log in successfully).

Perhaps anyone have any idea why such errors might occur?

Hi @olkr,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that your end-users have errors logging in, specifically with the “Missing required parameter: response_type” error.

This error is indicating that the authorize request URL does not have the response_type parameter, which is required.

For example:

https://YOUR_DOMAIN/authorize?
    response_type=code&
    client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID&
    redirect_uri=https://YOUR_APP/callback&
    scope=SCOPE&
    audience=API_AUDIENCE&
    state=STATE

In this case, you will need to make sure that authorize request includes the response_type parameter. After doing so, your users will be able to log in without issues.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Thank you.

For most users, the error does not occur - authorize request URL have the response_type parameter, and all the necessary other parameters for successful authorization.
This error only happens for a part of users.
Both groups of users use the same application, with the same settings.

Could there be some reason why the response_type parameter is being excluded from the request URL?

Upgrading from “@ auth0 / nextjs-auth0”: “1.0.0-beta.1” to “@ auth0 / nextjs-auth0”: “1.6.2” might help?

Solution still not found.

@rueben.tiow Could there be some reason why the response_type parameter is being excluded from the request URL?

Upgrading from “@ auth0 / nextjs-auth0”: “1.0.0-beta.1” to “@ auth0 / nextjs-auth0”: “1.6.2” might help?

I am experiencing same issue, We are using @auth0/auth0-angular sdk. Mostly it works fine, but sometimes, I would say few % of users are seeing this issue. Logs in auth0 dashboard are saying “message”: “Missing required parameter: response_type”. But with same build other users can login normally. The error appears only after user is redirected to the auth login page and enters credentials. User can see the auth0 error page “Oops something went wrong”.

Hi @olkr,

Thank you for your updates.

I am unsure why this is happening to only a subset of your users. In this case, could you please capture this error in a HAR file and send it to me through a direct message so I can investigate further?

Yes, this may help. Have you given it a try? What are your findings?

Thank you.

Hi @julius.skrisa,

Thank you for your reply and for providing additional context.

Could you also capture the event in a HAR file and send it to me via a direct message to investigate further?

Thank you.

I am having a similar issue. Was there ever a solution found to this?

Hi @eric12,

If you have encountering similar issues, could you please capture a HAR file and DM it to me to investigate further?

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.