Migrating a native iOS app from Firebase Auth to Auth0

Hi There,

So far, I have an iOS (and an Android) native application written in Swift and using Firebase Auth for authentication. So all my users are currently stored in Firebase Auth, and my data is stored in Firebase Realtime Database.
The next step of my application is to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM as a user repository, and I figured that a good strategy to do that without depending on MS Dynamics API for everything was to proxy authentication through Auth0.
So I figured the best strategy would be to first migrate my application to using Auth0 as a user repository, and still plug Firebase Auth into Auth0, in order to keep all the other features of Firebase intact. And then once this is done, I could plug Auth0 into MS Dynamics and leave the iOS part untouched.

Is that a realistic approach, and if so, what documentation is most relevant to this use case?
FYI, I found a lot of information about how to configure an iOS app to plug directly into Auth0 (not through Firebase Auth, which would cut my connection with other Firebase services), and to connect Auth0 and Firebase Auth in a web application. But I’m lost on where to start on iOS/Swift/Firebase Auth/Auth0.

Best regards,
Sébastien

This issue was worked through in a support ticket, but I wanted to provide the contents here for anyone else who may be looking for a solution to a similar use case. We would need to setup a connection in the Auth0 tenant to connect to the Dynamics CRM server. As for what kind of connection to use, depends on the protocol supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM (e.g. this may be SAML 2.0 for Dynamics CRM Server Configure a SAML 2.0 provider for portals with AD FS - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn).

For folks looking to setup SSO integration with a provider like Dynamics CRM, Auth0 will be Identity provider, this is explained here: https://auth0.com/docs/integrations/sso/dynamics-crm
So when you see the Auth0 login form, It is actually the expected behaviour. In order to have Dynamics CRM as the Identity Provider, you will need to setup a connection in Auth0 with the details of the Dynamics CRM server based on the protocol used for the DynamicsCRM connection.