Microsoft email provider not sending passwordless code to my users

Hi, I am using passwordless authentication. I set up my email provider and test emails are working perfectly. But when I’m trying to log in with any user, emails are not received in my inbox. There is an error message like this on my logs page “Error sending email: The requested user ‘egesiber’ is invalid.” How can I fix this error? My project works on the development stage perfectly with no errors.

Hi @mazlumserbest,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I have checked your tenant logs for a fn (Failed sending notification) event and see that the email failed to send because of the following error:
"error": "Error sending email: The requested user 'API Explorer Application' is invalid."

In this case, I suggest ensuring that it is a legitimate user trying to request a code for passwordless login.

Let me know if you continue having issues.

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi Rueben, I created users using Management API. In development tenant, when I create a user it automatically authorized to my test application. But in my production tenant API works differently and does not authorize users to any application. There is no other way to authorize users to applications. I didn’t find any solutions for that. I can create users but I couldn’t log in with them. Thanks for the fast reply by the way.

Hi @mazlumserbest,

Thanks for the update.

Whenever you create users with the Management API, it does not automatically log them into your application.

If you want users to automatically log in, you must have them sign up on your application directly.

Let me know how this goes for you.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.