We’re looking into how to programmatically create new users and receive an Auth0 ID and have that user receive a link to finalize the process by using social login (e.g. Google). We want to avoid sending a “reset password” email and we’d ideally want to enforce the possible sign-in methods at user creation.
The flow should be:
- Admin creates a user with an email “email@example.com”
- We can programmatically assign the user to specific internal resources given the Auth0 ID
- User receives a “Welcome” email with a link
- User navigates to the link, only the allowed logins are available
- User clicks on Google for example, must sign-in with “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- After the process, the user is redirected to our platform
- The user can’t add other authentication methods, can’t set/reset a password.
I’ve been looking around the documentation, but any pointers would be very helpful.