Logout doesn't always work and instead automatically signs in

Hello,

I am implementing a feature in my app where a user needs to be logged out and asked to log back in. It seemed to work fine until today, when I noticed that some of the calls to https://auth.mydomain/logout?client_id=<client_id>&redirectTo=<redirectTo>&federated return OK and do not log the user out.

From my understanding, the way this should work is that after calling logout on Auth0, there will be a redirect towards the SSO provider’s logout page. This doesn’t seem to happen all the time now and instead the return is either a 302 without a call to the SSO Provider logout page or a 200 with OK.

I did found this old topic log-out-doesnt-work-and-automatically-sign-in but the solution discussed here does no longer seem to work. I am providing both the client_id and a redirectTo, yet the logout functionality does not seem to work at random times.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you

PS. It was a real struggle to add tags on this post, no useful tag, like logout was available

1 Like

I believe this happens when a logout is performed when an active Auth0 session is not available. If this is indeed the case, could it be possible to have the end-point react with a different code so that the situation can be handled by apps in an easier manner?