loginWithRedirect stalls in chrome

I’ve been following the universal login trail for angular from your docs and I’ve noticed something strange. It only seems to happen in chrome. When my application requires a login, it will kick off the auth0-spa-js.loginWithRedirect method, but the login page is never displayed. In chrome, my users need to reload the url before the login page is displayed.

The image below is all my users see before they F5:

No error in console and the same number of network requests done both before and after refresh.
I’ve tested the same in Firefox, Opera and Edge and it works fine, but in chrome, chrome incognito and Safari it stalls. Is there anybody else experiencing the same, and is there something I can do to fix this?

I’m using @auth0/auth0-spa-js: 1.9.0

This occurred after implementing refresh-tokens to get login to work on Safari (ref. Call to authorize fails on Safari - #8 by OysteinAmundsen)

1 Like

Hey there!

I think the most effective way to handle that would be to raise a GitHub issue in the auth0-spa-js repo and talk it over with the repo maintainers. Once you open the issue make sure to share the link to it with us here so we can ping them. Thanks!

This is my issue: Login stalls in some browsers. Page reload is required. · Issue #506 · auth0/auth0-spa-js · GitHub

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks for sharing that

I am having the same problem

1 Like

Thanks for reporting that. Please do refer to the issue above where our maintainers will try to address that

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.