Login Error - No attribute was found to generate the nameIdentifier

Hi everyone

We’ve been using Auth0 for a while, and up until this morning everything was fine (and there have been no changes made to the system)

As of this morning no one can login, and we keep getting the following error

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @helen.t,

Thanks for joining the Community!

Our team is currently working to resolve the problem which seems to be related to the SAML add-on. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this has caused! You can see updates on the Status Page here: SAML add-ons may not work correctly for some customers • Auth0 Status Page

Hi there - thanks for the update.

We are experiencing this same issue - I had spend some time trying to figure out what went wrong in the early hours of the morning, and stumbled across this post from Helen (before you replied). Luckily in our instance, disabling the SAML integration allowed some logins to work, however depending on how others are using SAML I would assume it would not have been as easy as that for them.

The status page when I was troubleshooting said that everything is operational, and in the History, it didn’t have anything about the SAML issue. Even checking now, it still says fully operational.

It might be worth updating the status page: https://status.auth0.com/

1 Like

Update: The fix has been deployed, and the SAML add-on should be working now. Let us know if you experience any trouble!

Thank you for the feedback, @josh.hancox! I understand what you mean, and I am sorry for the stress the incident may have caused.

That makes sense about Status Page. It shows the Production environment stats by default. If you scroll down and toggle the env to see Preview, you should see more info. The issue was isolated to Preview environments, which is where the notice was posted at the top.

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.27.13 PM

1 Like

Hey Stephanie,

Cheers for the update, we’ve re-enabled our SAML App and that seems to be working as intended now. There wasn’t too much stress on my end, it was more general confusion about what might have been causing the issue :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: in terms of the environments, I’ll keep that in mind.

Have a great day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.