Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Lock Language Dictionary in Wordpress plugin

wordpress
dictionary

I’m trying to update some text on the lock widget for our site – using the WordPress plugin. And we’re still using lock 9.2.

I’ve found some basic info, but I’m not sure how to enter it so that the text is recognized. I get a message that says:

“The language dictionary parameter should be a valid json object.”

Is there a place where I can find how to enter the new text in the right format? Most of what I’ve found is not for use specifically in the WordPress plugin.

Can you update your question with the languageDictionary attribute you are trying to update, and the value you are trying to update it to?

Thanks! I’ve gotten it to not give me an error – but the code doesn’t change any of the output. This is what worked (as in not giving the json error):

{
"dict": {
"signin": {
"welcome": "Welcome HealthDoers!",
"signupTitle": "First Time Log In",
"signUpLabel": "First Time Log In",
"signUpSubmitLabel": "First Time Log In",
"title": "Log me in"
}
}
}

We’re in WP 4.7.4 and using Login by Auth0 plugin 3.2.19 (though, we tried this in 3.2.14, as well – same results). All with lock version 9.2.

So, the link to the dictionary for 9.2 is here: https://github.com/auth0/lock/blob/v9.2.3/i18n/en.json

And this is the code that ended up working in the Login by Auth0 WordPress plugin (thanks to Auth0 support!):

{ 
"signin": { 
"signinText": "Log Me In", 
"signupText": "Returning Members: Log In", 
"footerText": "Questions? contact@email.org", 
"title": "Welcome!" 
} ,
"signup": { 
"signinText": "Log Me In", 
"signupText": "Returning Members: Log In", 
"footerText": "Questions? contact@email.org", 
"title": "Welcome!"