LINE Login with ios

Hi, I’m currently facing a problem with logging in using LINE.

When using LINE login with ios, the browser that opens the login screen of auth0 will transition to the LINE app.
Then, when LINE login is completed and you return to the browser app, the default browser of ios will be opened.
At this time, since the browser is different, a state verification error will occur.

Is it possible to open the login screen of auth0 from the beginning with the default browser or return the LINE callback to the browser at the start of login?

Hi, I am facing your issue, did you resolve it?

Hi. I have the same issue. I’m using Auth0 SDK in Flutter. When I selected LINE login on iOS, it opened the LINE app installed on device and redirect to Safari instead of returning back to my app.

Hi, I am facing exactly the same problem and am struggling. Is there any solution?
I am using the Sample App available from the QuickStart on the Dashboard.

Hi, I’m currently running into the below issue with Line social connection login and iOS. There is mention of a backlog item from this January, are there any updates on the timeline for a potential resolution?

https://community.auth0.com/t/you-may-have-pressed-the-back-button-error-using-the-line-connection/98867/2

I’m currently using a workaround to redirect users to a custom error page and prompting a second login from the browser Line redirects to.

Hi @j.carroll,

I moved this into the same thread to keep things centralized.

It looks like this is an issue with LINE, and I don’t have any info about how to workaround the problem.