Laravel User Impersonation

Hi,

Laravel allows you to easily impersonate users using Auth::login($user). Since we implemented Auth0 for our users to login, we are no longer able to do this. After performing an Auth::login($user) and redirecting to the dashboard, we get redirected to the login page.

Anyone have any idea’s on how to successfully impersonate a user in Laravel when using Auth0 for login?

Thanks,

We used to provide an impersonation feature, but deprecated it due to security concerns that were raised.

If you can elaborate on your needs we may be able to come up with a strategy.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

Sometimes we need to log in as our users in order to provide technical support or troubleshoot technical issues that a specific user might be experiencing.

Thanks,
Brad

1 Like

I understand, and unfortunately there is going to be no way to do this since we deprecated the feature due to the security concerns it raised. If you have a specific issue you need to troubleshoot or support topic, I may be able to provide guidance, but you will not be able to log in as your users.

Do you know if there’s any way to modify the larave-auth0 package to allow this directly in the application itself?

I don’t think you will be able to log in as a user without their name and password.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.