Is there documentation for all the errors "code" while doing a bulk import of users and checking job Errors?

We are trying to improvise our Error handling for Bulk Import of Users. I understand we can check the status of a import job and check Errors if any using “/api/v2/jobs/<job_id>/errors”. But Is there any documentation to get all the Error “codes” expected in Bulk import user.

“DUPLICATE_USER” is one example

“errors”: [
{
“code”: “DUPLICATED_USER”,
“message”: “A user with this [email|username|user_id] was already provided.”
}

while “INVALID_FORMAT” is another.

“errors”: [
{
“code”: “INVALID_FORMAT”,
“message”: “Error in identities[0].profileData.email property - Object didn’t pass validation for format email: akshay144@”,
“path”: “identities[0].profileData.email”
}

I am looking for a documentation to get a list of all of them.

hi @akshay.gaba , the list of error codes for bulk import jobs can be found in the documentation here below the code snippets:
https://auth0.com/docs/manage-users/user-migration/bulk-user-imports#retrieve-failed-entries

From the documentation link above:

Each error object will include an error code and a message explaining the error in more detail. The possible error codes are:

• ANY_OF_MISSING
  • ARRAY_LENGTH_LONG
  • ARRAY_LENGTH_SHORT
  • CONFLICT
  • CONFLICT_EMAIL
  • CONFLICT_USERNAME
  • CONNECTION_NOT_FOUND
  • DUPLICATED_USER
  • ENUM_MISMATCH
  • FORMAT
  • INVALID_TYPE
  • MAX_LENGTH
  • MAXIMUM
  • MFA_FACTORS_FAILED
  • MIN_LENGTH
  • MINIMUM
  • NOT_PASSED
  • OBJECT_REQUIRED
  • PATTERN
2 Likes

Thanks @gparascandolo. This will do the job for me.

2 Likes

Teamwork makes the dream work! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of community!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.