I am currently working on an invite-only application and would love some insight into the auth0 invite-only process. After looking at the documentation and the example (https://auth0.com/docs/tutorials/creating-invite-only-applications) it seems like in order to accomplish this my application will have to:
- Create the user through auth0
- Send out the invitation link
- Manually change the password and update the user
I was wondering if it is possible to avoid step #3 and instead take advantage of the Reset Password workflow that auth0 provides. This would make everything more consistent by using the same reset password page and would make development quicker.
I looked at some options where I could send out 2 emails (verification email and reset password email), but that is not ideal and for a user it does not look like an invitation to join my app.
So, is there any way to invite a user into my application with these things in mind:
- Application creates the user.
- Application sends out one invitation email that contains a reset password link and takes advantage of the reset password functionality of auth0.
- User logins in =D