Invalid_request: The client with id: xxx was not found

I use lock on my angular application. Most of the time it works fine. But occasionally the login returns with an " Oops!, something went wrong" error page.
On the bottom, the detail of the error says

invalid_request : The client with id: “xxxx” (dev-xxxx) was not found
TRACKING ID: 0a62fe9069bffec6caeb

Actually the client id was correct. And no login record in auth0 logs.

What is this error?
And what is “dev-xxxx”, can I change it to my project name? If it error happens again, at least my clients can see my project’s name.

That error message appears when the tenant name (the dev-xxxx, in your case) cannot be found. Can you double check if your domain name is correct in your angular app? Your domain should be something like “tenant.auth0.com”.

auth0Client$ = (from(
createAuth0Client({
domain: “YOUR_DOMAIN”,
client_id: “YOUR_CLIENT_ID”,
redirect_uri: ${window.location.origin}
})
)

https://auth0.com/docs/quickstart/spa/angular2/01-login#add-the-authentication-service

I have double checked the domain. The domain is correct, we are using a custom domain.
This project has been working for several months. We did not change the code or settings.
But about 12 hours ago, it suddenly returned to the error page. The error page continued to appear for several hours and now works properly again.

This error comes again.
I’ve changed nothing, not the configuration, not the coding, not the browser I’m using.
It has been working fine for 2 months.

I checked auth0 logs, but no log has been printed.

This error is killing me now.

1 Like

Now I changed my customized domain to the original domain, it works again.
So it looks the problems came from “customized domain”. But I have been using it for 2 months.

Thanks for letting us know! That’s weird though

Have you got any solution for this Sean, @konrad.sopala?

I have the same problem now, without using customized domain. I have my application in 3 environments, on both prod and beta is working, but on my local it gives me that error that the invalid_request : The client was not found:…

I ve tried to remake the app but still nothing…

Here is my configs
Capture Capture2

I have the same issue too. I’m trying to connect my SAML SP with Auth0 IdP.