Introduction to Django 3.0 - Building, Authenticating, and Deploying - Part 1

Learn to build Django web applications in minutes and deploy them to production

Brought to you by Vihar Kurama (Guest Author)

How did you like this post? Please share any comments or feedback with us on this thread

Thanks for the great walk-through! Just a heads up - there is a bug in the code for home.html.

{{ post_description_markdown }}

should be:

{{ i.post_description_markdown }}

Hey @pdipatrizio,

Thanks for updating us and going through the entire article, hope you enjoyed reading it! Seems like we overlooked this piece of line. I’ll update on the Github and the article :slight_smile:

Thanks for the article. Here are some things that may improve it.

• The requirements.txt file is missing in the repository.
  • Add a reference to the psycopg2 adapter installation. (it took me a while to understand that I needed to install both PostgreSQL and the adapter)
    # pip3 install psycopg2
  • tags and feedback properties are missing in the Post model definition. Maybe those mentions should simply be discarded.
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @juangiordana! (cc: @kapehe, @dan-auth0)

Howdy, Juan. Welcome to our Auth0 Community :slight_smile: Thank you for reading the blog post and for sharing that valuable feedback.

Hey Juan! Thanks for reading the article and your feedback. We mentioned the requirements.txt file in part 2 of the article, you can find it in the link here. Also, the psycops2 in some environments, it will be directly installed when we’re configuring Postgres. However, installing it manually is also a good practice. We’ll add it to the requirements file. The tags and feedback fields are just examples, you can have any such fields based on your application or database architecture :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the feedback :raised_hands:!

Not sure why postgres/psycopg2 was even introduced in this example, it adds nothing to the Auth0 portion of the tutorial and sqlite works out of the box with no extra configuration.

1 Like

Hey there Mark!

I’m sure @vihar.kurama will follow-up on that once he’s online!

Hello, Mark. Thank you for your feedback. Indeed, we do think that’s a simpler approach and we are planning on migrating the post to SQLite :muscle:
There are some updates coming to this post in the next weeks. We are committed to providing strong support and content to the Django community.

(:eyes: We still love PostgreSQL :elephant:)