Auth0 Home Blog Docs

InternalOAuthError: failed to fetch user profile

Hi

I am encountering this error with some of the users signing in with LinkedIn (seems to be new as it has worked in the past):

	InternalOAuthError: failed to fetch user profile (status: 500 data: { "errorCode": 0, "message": "Internal API server error", "requestId": "ZT62RZ6R6M", "status": 500, "timestamp": 1553067719839 })

I have noticed in the forums that this has occurred a few time before, but I can’t find a reference recent enough that it would be the same issue, so would like to bring it to your attention. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Mitch Myburgh
Timon

Raw data:

{
  "date": "2019-03-20T07:41:59.920Z",
  "type": "f",
  "description": "InternalOAuthError: failed to fetch user profile (status: 500 data: {\n  \"errorCode\": 0,\n  \"message\": \"Internal API server error\",\n  \"requestId\": \"ZT62RZ6R6M\",\n  \"status\": 500,\n  \"timestamp\": 1553067719839\n})",
  "connection": "linkedin",
  "connection_id": "con_3bTm09q0OQnNuCHP",
  "client_id": "b5hiyCKTpUK752ZmU57xRd5b30bCG2Bj",
  "client_name": "Timon App",
  "ip": "41.13.232.149",
  "user_agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1",
  "details": {
    "body": {},
    "qs": {
      "code": "AQQ9IXwDG7sh930XF5rAjqGauwADQXT8nGT-zzo7WhwXPzR3VsrtMLV8UR3js33Du68Zm0Z82agaW4F4ZGQx0He97foYg6NT_5UJuarM76sVBVSLJnhyC2La-F9dPlWByrZUE4TvcB67EhqyuT1xCGFs-G0Wrjv5RpGFc8O0GWaaDxx20fcHaDgHFwSRlA",
      "state": "0cG7EHAGkkC1RaCs7ozlYIrYoVVA2sho"
    },
    "connection": "linkedin",
    "error": {
      "message": "InternalOAuthError: failed to fetch user profile (status: 500 data: {\n  \"errorCode\": 0,\n  \"message\": \"Internal API server error\",\n  \"requestId\": \"ZT62RZ6R6M\",\n  \"status\": 500,\n  \"timestamp\": 1553067719839\n})",
      "oauthError": "invalid_request",
      "type": "request-error",
      "payload": "{\n  \"errorCode\": 0,\n  \"message\": \"Internal API server error\",\n  \"requestId\": \"ZT62RZ6R6M\",\n  \"status\": 500,\n  \"timestamp\": 1553067719839\n}"
    },
    "session_id": "ELBrEFkgcSNPUENwSUCGb76nj6h4Jm9M"
  },
  "hostname": "timoapp.eu.auth0.com",
  "strategy": "linkedin",
  "strategy_type": "social",
  "log_id": "90020190320074159920663310752041761467266589967909912578"
}

Hey there @timoguruapp1!

It might be related to this one as well as thread linked at the bottom of the one I link just here (Linkedin changed their API some time ago):

Thank you! Hadn’t switched over to the V2 API

Kind Regards
Mitch

1 Like

No worries! We’ve got your back!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.