Integrating Custom In-App Device Code Entry for Auth0 Device Flow Authentication

Hello Auth0 Community,

I’m working on a case and was wondering if I could get some insights or guidance on whether it’s currently feasible with Auth0, or if it might be a feature worth considering for future updates.

We’re using the device code authentication flow in our setup, which is integrated with a VR application. Here’s how our process currently works:

1. A user requests a device code in VR.
  2. A user logs in to our next.js webapp and then press our “Pair VR headset” button. The button redirects them to the www.auth0domain/activate (verification URI).
  3. The user enters the code there and gets logged in in our VR application

What we’re aiming to achieve is a bit more streamlined:

Direct Integration in Our Web App
Instead of directing users to the Auth0-hosted verification page, we’d like users to enter the device code directly within our own web application.

Is there a way to embed or integrate the device code input and verification process directly into our custom web app instead of using the default Auth0 view/widget?

I’m not entirely sure if this is currently possible or if it would require a new feature. Any advice, guidance, or workarounds would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Likes

Hi @ingridk,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

As far as I know, the device code verification can’t be embedded into your app (no API available for submitting the code), but let me confirm with our team.

Thanks!

Hi @dan.woda,

Are there any updates on availability of the device code verification API?

Thank you!

@dan.woda Any updates on this?

Hello,
I would be interested by a device code flow support by Android SDK also. Or having API to customize this.